The team behind AHI
Teaching is a team work
Our teachers have chosen a career that provides them challenges, excitement and personal reward. They all have a solid subject knowledge, yet they know that at the heart of being a good teacher is great people skills.
Our teacher’s role extends outside the classroom and into the school community, where they establish and maintain a supportive school environment.They know that by listening to and working with colleagues, parents, other professionals and community members, they can inspire students and improve their learning.
Our teachers are committed to helping every student to become active and goal-oriented by building on their natural desire to explore, to understand new things and to master them, and thus attain their full potential. This objective drives everything we do. The concepts of respect, motivation and achievement are fundamental and permeate every aspect of school life.
It is a challenge for our teachers to create interesting and challenging learning environments that encourage the active involvement of our students. This they do by
- developing teaching and learning materials
- planning and preparing learning programs
- teaching the Danish Curriculum
- leading lessons for students of different abilities
- assessing and reporting student progress
- liaising with colleagues, non-teaching staff and parents.
As parents, you can rest assured that your child’s teachers have all the qualities of a good teacher. Essential attributes that may be of paramount importance to you including:
- being creative
- being enthusiastic
- being patient
- having a good sense of humour
- keeping their cool under pressure and
- having ability to cope with change.