Welcome to AHI
It is my pleasure to welcome you to AHI International School. It is a great privilege to be the Head of School of such a thriving school community where high aspirations and a caring family ethos are at the heart of what we do.
I am confident that our website will provide a rich sense of who we are. The countless images you will see reflect more than just our school. They should also provide you with a sense of the diverse and international environment, vibrant student life and sense of community which exists within our walls and in our playground.
Learning by involvement
Learning at school requires students to pay attention, to observe, to memorize, to understand, to set goals and to assume responsibility for their own learning. These cognitive activities are not possible without the active involvement and engagement of the learner.
Our students mean the world to us. We are proud of them and of the results they achieve.
Our teachers and administrators are committed to helping every one of them to become active and goal-oriented by building on their natural desire to explore, to understand new things and to master them, and thus attain their full potential. This objective drives everything we do. The concepts of respect, motivation and achievement are fundamental and permeate every aspect of school life.
Teaching is a team work
It is a challenge for our teachers to create interesting and challenging learning environ-ments that encourage the active involvement of our students.
Active involvement of our students is done by:
- avoiding situations where the students are passive listeners for long periods of time
- providing students with hands-on activities, such as experiments, observations, projects, etc.
- encouraging participation in classroom discussions and other collaborative activities
- organizing school visits to museums and technological parks
- allowing students to take some control over their own learning. In other words allowing students to make some decisions about what to learn and how
- assisting students in creating learning goals that are consistent with their interests and future aspirations.
We recognise that all children are unique and, as such, keep our class sizes small enough to provide each one with a tailored and well-rounded academic experience. However, learning is not confined to the classroom. Our students participate in a broad range of cultural and extra-curricular activities which complement and enrich their school work.
I hope you will like our website, and that you will come to AHI to meet our students and staff, take a tour and see for yourself what sets us apart from other private schools in the area.
Head of School